Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kitty Cats in the Highchair

There are two kitty cats in the highchair. They are eating eggs and english muffin. White cat got loose in the leaves this morning...so now we have a black cat with a halloween sweater and a white cat covered in leaves eating the breakfast I slaved over this morning.

Fantastic.


We painted this weekend. The dreaded master bedroom, complete with all of the oil-based trim and fireplace. Adam got up first thing Saturday morning and started working...well, after he watched cartoons with Charlotte. Still...I had to laugh, the first coat of primer didn't go on until 4:00 but the walls were in pristine condition before he started - I mean, they were perfect. When I paint, I do it as quickly as possible = mess and I don't take much pride because it doesn't look that great when I started but Adam had the walls and trim looking so good I didn't want to mess up...and when I splattered a little paint, I cleaned it right up! So, now it's finished and I don't know if I like it or not...don't you hate it when that happens? The color is called 'Cloudy Day' and it feels like I'm in a little boy's room. The real problem, of course, is when you walk from the living room into our bedroom, you almost feel like you're in an entirely different house. I'm hoping once our bedrooom furniture is delivered it will give it the feel we're going for.


I'm proud to report that my tennis score is improving. This, in part, because Adam was too full to play me last night so I got to play against the computer...Adam was stuffing himself with hotdogs because he didn't like my supper I slaved over...something to do wtih my mashed potatoes having the consistency of semi-melted ice cream. I didn't see what the big deal was...use a straw right? Charlotte didn't like my mashed potatoes either. She saw then on her plate and started crying. But she gobbled down her green beans! And then she signed all finished and ran over to her daddy's lap to climb up and eat his beans. I tried to give her mine, but once daddy's home, she doesn't want anything to do with me.


Charlotte holds our hands when we say the blessing at supper! She's been doing it for a couple weeks now and it's so cute.


I am happy to report that Charlotte now has a play room. I have finally organized her closet...yes, it is a big closet especially now that it's picked up and organized and she loves going in there. And I love it because it helps me keep her room a bit neater-looking.


She's really enjoying playing with all her toys! And it's so cute! And I am restraing myself daily from not running out and getting new toys. It's so much fun to see her get excited and she's not old enough to be a brat about it so I don't feel like I'm spoiling her BUT I know that if I do buy her everything I think she would like, she would become spoiled.


Speaking of which, corner is going quite nicely. Adam went from 'nobody puts baby in the corner' to 'if you don't put this bib on, you're going to the corner' because corner works!!! And corner is so empowering! Yes, there are those critics that say I'll cause her to become a claustrophobic adult but, you know, on the off-chance that happens...I'd say a compliant child, understanding boundaries is worth it.


Charlotte has started dragging all Charty-size chairs from all over the house in front of the tv. I mean, even the booster seat. There are 7 chairs watching Little People right now. And kitty cats are on the floor - they were good enough for my breakfast...not good enough for the chairs. Speaking of tv - when was the last time you watched an old Barney episode? HILARIOUS! The $5 dvd's at Target? Barney from 1996? The dance routines and the outfits are a total riot.

No comments: