Thursday, June 12, 2008

Grant + Heather = Greather

Greather came to see us last weekend. We were so excited for their visit. A year ago it occurred to us that Grant and Heather would make a precious couple. So, with Lisa's help we arranged it all. Grant came to stay with us in Savannah, fresh out of a relationship. Adam's known Grant forever, ever since their fight over a pencil in 6th grade when they decided to join forces. I have seen Grant with a TON of girls, none of which I ever thought were good enough for him. So, a year ago, Adam & Grant jump on facebook and show Grant all of these party pictures of Heather. Well, after the party pictures he was VERY interested in meeting her. We call up Heather, and I think it's sufficient to say to her, I know a guy that would be PERFECT for you, he's just like Adam minus the huge ego. Of course she was interested because Adam without the ego is a perfect guy! Lisa & Matt met them for a double date and what was it? 8 days later they became 'Greather'.

I've tried and tried to take credit for John & Katy but she pointedly reminds me that all I did was have her in the right place at the right time. John & Katy took care of the rest. Well, okay, but I'm taking FULL credit for Grant & Heather...yay me!


I'm saying this not because I was responsible for one of the greatest match-ups ever, but because they are so precious together, they are perfect! I have never seen either of them happier.


Charlotte immediately ran to Heather and gave her a big hug. Try as he might, she refused to even make eye contact with Grant. He tried and tried, over and over and then he decided all she needed to be friends was a good scare? So he hides in the kitchen and as sweet, unexpecting Charlotte rounded the corner he jumped out and grabbed her like a nasty thingamajig and she screamed as if he really were. Needless to say, that wasn't the way to win her heart. She actually didn't even want to enter the kitchen after that. He tried swinging her, but she refused to make eye contact. Charlotte doesn't quite see Heather's attraction, sorry Grant, and I'm sure it has nothing to do with your making-fun of Charty's nickname.

1 comment:

Noni - Popi said...

That article was cute. Love the pictures, especially the one of Adam and Charlotte BOTH laughing - cute! I agree about Heather and Grant and Katy and John being so perfect for each other. I disagree about Adam not being perfect (ego) - he IS perfect in every way to me. You two are perfect, too of course.

Noni