Saturday, July 26, 2008

Birthday Present

Adam got his birthday gift this morning. Well, wait, let me slow down a bit...

I kept waking up this morning. I'd look over (glasses off) at Adam's side of the bed to see if he was still sleeping. It looked like he was laying pretty flat on his stomach, still asleep. I woke up again and again and judged whether or not I should rise by whether or not he was. Well, finally, I thought, okay, enough is enough, I need some coffee. I put on my glasses, glanced at the clock - 9:35am (whoa) and then over to Adam's side of the bed again, this time glasses on. It wasn't Adam I had been seeing all morning, sleeping on his stomach, but his pile of pj's. Whoops. Where is Adam?

Adam was almost finished power-washing the back patio. He woke up, cut the grass, edged and blowed (blowed?) blew (blew?) and started power-washing. Super daddy!

Charty looked out the back door discovered daddy was home, and took off for her room, returned moments later with squeaky shoes, needs help, mom, so she can go out and play with daddy. Of course I had to keep her in for a bit because power washing is dangerous.

I am really enjoying working in the yard. It's funny how since becoming a mom I have no interest anymore in shopping and doing girly things (what? like having my hair styled, buying shoes, nails done, you know, what most women consider basic grooming) and I love working out in the yard, planting and watering and feeding the birds and we now have a hummingbird feeder and it is GREAT! I am watching the hummingbird right now. He also likes the hibiscus and the mexican petunias. I can't get the finches to eat the thistle. We have butterflies on the butterfly bushes and Adam and I want to build/buy a bat house! How weird, right? I've come, say, full circle?

So, after all our morning chores we headed for uptown Columbus so Adam could pick out his birthday present, there's a bike shop, Ride On, where we got my bike and Charty's seat. Charlotte went wide open and nearly knocked down 30 bikes and kept climbing up on the tricycles and was just wild and I was exhausted after 5 minutes. She didn't want to leave and when I picked her up to go (after had to be AT LEAST 20 minutes, maybe 30) she screamed at the top of her lungs (which she has started doing lately) and it is INCREDIBLY MORTIFYINGLY embarrassing and Adam and I look at each other like what am I suppose to do?!?! huh...no idea. Then she ran full speed down the sidewalk, stopping only to look at dogs and her reflection in windows and to sit on EVERY bench, rocking chair, stoop, whatever, she saw. Charlotte doesn't walk anywhere anymore...she runs. I asked Adam what he thought about one of those child leashes. He wasn't amused.

So, yay! now we all have bikes eventhough Adam had to get a little tutorial on how to use his (what those gear can be tricky!) and when he asked if they would put a more comfortable saddle on his they kindly suggested he tough it out. (sorry Adam, too funny not to include, right?) And I'm hoping we can go bike riding at Callaway Gardens soon.

No comments: