Friday, August 15, 2008

Checking In

For those of you checking in...we still don't have the results in from Charlotte's biopsy. I talked to her dermatologist a little bit ago, she's assured me they should have the final report Monday morning. We'll see. Meanwhile, we've got to get through this weekend without the help of anti-histamines, allergist's orders - she's seeing him first thing next week.



Charlotte had her first haircut this week, well, a bang trim. I was all prepared with my camera and my 'first hair clippings' keepsake piece but it didn't go that way. The salon was precious, it was a kids only salon and all the chairs the kids sit in are fun little things: airplane, taxi, tracter, etcetera. There a\re flatscreen tv's at all the stations with cartoons playing. Charlotte picked out the yellow taxi as her chair, but as soon as we buckled her in, she wanted OUT. She started screaming and (especially after the week she had) I felt awful and just wanted it over with ASAP and wasn't going to leave her to get my camera. It took less than 60 seconds, they wouldn't even charge me. Poor Charlotte but she looks so cute with her little girl bangs. I don't have a picture yet with her bangs but I'll get one.


Oh, the joys of your first fudgesicle.

She's afraid of her stitches. When her shirt is off or raised or she's in the tub, she looks down and screams. They took the biopsy from her belly. We're trying to keep her distracted from it.





Adam had a busy week but still found time for Charlotte...sheclimbed up into his lap to help him.


We went for a car ride to get a milkshake at Chick-fil-a. Moses & Eloise got to come and ever since, whenever we go Charlotte tells me she wants Moses & Eloise to come. She throws her arms around their middles and heave-hoes and when she can't lift them she tells me to help them. When I convince them no, they have to stay this time, she says bye-bye to them and blows them a kiss.
She has also been helping me water the plants in the backyard. She actually watered one plant so well, she flooded it completely out of it's hole. Now, if only she could help me pull weeds, till and lay sod.


No comments: